From:
Greg Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:08:50 -0500
Hi there,

I recently posted the fact I was having problems formatting my C Drive using Windows95.  I would like to thank all those who responded with suggestions.  Most of you suggested that my boot disk might not have "format.com" included on it.  Well those that suggest that were right so I found a boot disk that had the format command included.  I then attempted to format my hard drive and would like to report what happen and hope that someone might have a suggestion.  I tried "format c:/s" but unfortunately it didn't work due to insufficient memory.  So I then used "format c" and that at least went through the routine of formatting my hard drive.  Unfortunately, once completed I received a message that stated this " Trying to recover allocation Unit 585,928".  I also was never asked to enter anything in as a volume label.  I then check my C directory and noticed everything was still on my hard drive.  I also entered "sys c:" after and it indicated then that system was transferred.  But it's clearly shows that's not the case.

I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me by telling me what's gone wrong and give me some suggestions on how to get around this situation.

Thanks.

Greg Shaw

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml