VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
JohnSanfilippo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
JohnSanfilippo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 22:10:53 -0400
Hi Lisa and all,

Winzip unregistered is fully functional.  If you register it, which in my
opinion is very very worthwhile, the introductory nag message goes away.  To
my knowledge there are no other changes.  Coming from the DOS world, I found
PKZip a most necessary staple of computing utilities.

As for the self extractor, you probably do not need it unless you are
writing programs and having them unpack and set themselves up when your
users obtain your software package.  I use the simpler version myself.

Hope this helps some.

John S