From:
Betsy Mackin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Mackin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:11:10 -0500

Does anyone get mouth sores, inside the mouth, from too much citrus.
My daughter used to get tons of them when she was an undiagnosed celiac.
Today she has been GF for 19 months and doing great. I am 100% sure she
is not getting any gluten. But when she eats citrus, alot of it, she gets
many sores on the inside of her mouth. She just went through a mandarin
orange kick, she ate 3 or 4 little bowls a day. She now has 4 sores.
Obviously we have stopped eating them, i did check with the manufacturer
and was assured no gluten was anywhere to be found in that bowl. I am
just wondering one, if anyone else suffers from this, and two, what are
some treatments to help these sores heal quickly. She used to rinse with
Listerene, that shortened the duration by a good 3 days, but now GF we
can no longer do that, as Listerene has alcohol in it.

Thanks
Betsy