From:
"C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:17:06 +0200
>  In fact I've never been a great potatoe eater.
>Maybe potatoes act like
> some kind of medicine to me. In nature, maybe just
>a bit of a potatoe would be enough, since wild varieties are more poisonous.

This is funny because prior to Paleo I never ate potatoes. Well, in
restaurants perhaps a  baked potatoe but not at home. When I eat Paleo I
once in a while feel like eating them Swedish-style. Boiled, with dille,
capers, onions and loads of mayonaise.  My son Arik has the same.
We even came to a point where old patatoes that were lying around have
been put in the ground in the backgarden and are blooming well.  In a
few weeks we'll have homegrown sald again and I am looking forward to it.
Potatoes are Dutch staplefood, more then rice or pasta. A bag of 5 kg
would be thrown away half empty after a couple of months lurking in the
cupboard in this house.
So what in a nightshade could it be that attracts us and seems to have
no ill effects?  Eggplants are a definite favourite as well.

Christy