NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
scott gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 03:32:35 -0500
Just to note too that a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables are a good sourse
of calcium. chewables are O.K. as long as it isn't calcium phosphate.
Magnesium would be better. Phosphates are in sodas and research has shown
that athletes who drink a lot of sodas are more prone to bone injuries than
the ones who drink a lot of water instead. I read this in a book about
arthritis some years ago that I picked up at a health food store in
Cleveland. Anyone with arthritis should also avoid phosphate as well. It
also said we need calcium, magnesium and vitamin D because they all work
together and don't work as well without each other. We get vitamin D from
being in the sun on a regular basis so there's an inexpensive solution right
there. A lot of whole grains and seeds also have a lof of calcium and it
works a lot better than the cow milk. The calcium in cow milk is needed to
difest the proteins in it. There is more protein in it than calcium so when
all the calcium in the milk is used by your body it has to then take calcium
from your body to finish digesting the rest of the milk protein which
actually causes arthritis and osteoperosis rather than prevent or cure it.
Sue
P.S. I forgot to delete the previous message in my last response and I
apologise for that.