From:
Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2003 21:23:42 EDT

We planned on being down there 3 days but had van trouble on the way down and
were thus delayed.  We ended up eating at Pappadeaux's in Kemah - right down
the road from Galveston.  The manager came out and talked to me and I had a
great lunch - she was understanding of celiac disease and I ended up having
Fried Shrimp (in corn meal).  It was great and I didn't have a problem.  They also
had a selection of broiled fish I could have eaten.  If you want to bring
fish or shrimp home (fresh) go to Rose's -  right next door to Pappadeaux - we
bought jumbo shrimp for $7.75# and they had the heads removed so I didn't  have
to hassle with that at a friend's house in Houston.  They were huge - 14 to a
pound.