From:
Erin Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erin Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 10:47:51 -0500

Hello,

My long overdue summary of restaurants in Phoenix.  While I was in Phoenix,
I ate at Kincaids, Lone Star Steakhouse, and Kona (sushi).  What others
wrote, with my comments in {...}

Kincaids right near the hyatt.  Entrees were in the $20++ range. {No GF
menu, but they were very helpful.  The chef came out to talk with me and
made a special meal, and the food was very good.}

Lone Star Steakhouse on Camelback Rd. {They were extremely helpful and had a
GF menu.  I highly recommend it for steak.}

{Kona restaurant for sushi.  I ate there with no problem, but I am not very
sensitive.  Have to bring your own soy sauce.}

See this site for a list of restaurants.
http://www.phoenixceliac.com/dining.htm.

From the archives—restaurants in Scottsdale:

*Baja Fresh -- the enchiladas are GF as are the beans.  The rice is not.Â
The Baja Ensalata salad without the tortilla strips is GF -- The house
dressing is GF, not the ranch. Quesadillas may be ordered with corn
tortillas.  The chips are cross-contaminated. {I've eaten here many times.
The fish tacos are terrific!}

*Havana Cafe - A GF menu is available at both locations and the food is
delicious.  Cuban/South American. Havana Café at 6245 Bell Rd.

*Outback steakhouse-ask for GF menu-always available off their office
computer

*Z Tejas restaurants have GF menus.  I have eaten at these places many
times with good success when I visit Scottsdale.   I was able to have one
of their drinks and had more than one choice on the menu.

*P.F. Chang's there, ask for a GF menu (and everything is WONDERFUL)

*Los Olivos (Mexican) near the civic center. They don't offer a GF menu, but
the food is delicious (owned by the same family for years) and you can ask
questions, etc.

*"Roaring Fork" 480-947-0795 . They also have a website:
www.roaringfork.com. The person said that they called ahead and the chef
seemed familiar with the gluten-free diet and that they had a delicious
meal.

*Tequila Grill, www.tequilagrillaz.com,(480)941-1800
*"Mosaic" 480-563-9600
*"Restaurant Hapa"

I had very good meals, and successfully ate at:
*AZ 88
*PF Chang
*Crew
*Mastro
*Roy’s in the new JW Marriott (although there are other locations-I think)