VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 09:13:22 -0600
We ordered the "Now you can find it" remote locater from The Sharper Image
www.sharperimage.com and are delighted to find it is very well designed for
someone with a visual impairment.

Each of the small receivers (just slightly large than a quarter), have
unique tactile markings, and also each have a unique beep.  The transmitter,
which may be mounted on a wall bracket, can easily be carried around while
you push the button to find your item (so the 30 ft. range is not really an
issue).  The transmitter, which is about the size of a small remote control,
also has a beeper on it that is activated when you remove it from its cradle
on the wall.  It beeps once every 3 minutes I the event one misplaces it.
They thought of everything - they provide all the little Velcro dots so you
can change the locations of your receivers easily, and they include little
key ring type connectors.

An excellent product at a great price; we're very pleased.  $50

Best Regards,
Scott

---