NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MaryBeth Noonan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:05:43 -0400
Our house can get hectic too since i went back to school.  This is what we
do I have  twin allergic boys and my husband and I are not allergic.  We
will buy a "cooked" roaster chicken @ the supermarket (the ones @ Sam's club
and Costco all have casein injected in them) then I just cut up some fresh
veggies... for a slad and I also have a rice steamer than you just push the
button and it turns itself off when its done (20 dollars at Costco) other
items that are dairy free I located @ Costco are Tyson Frozen pre cooked
chicken they have :  Dinosour nuggets, teriaki marinated chicken breasts,
lemon herb chicken breasts, chicken tenders, honey bbq breasts and honey bbq
wings and bbq drumsticks and Breaded Chicken Breast patties (I make dairy
free chicken parm with these... use the mozzerella flavor Tofutti cheese---
they are soooo easy to make I buy the large package of aluminum pans (so
there's no cleaning just throw them away I think Costco charges 10.00 for a
package of 30 pans) Just put in the oven and heat... Also you can find at
Costco and most Sams' clubs is the Hebrew National  mini hot dogs wrapped in
bagels.... Ballpark hotdogs are also a favorite and I wrap them in Pillsbury
Crescent rolls and bake in the oven... We usually have raw veggies... as I
prefer them... but the stirfry veggies in the large packs  work great too...
then throw some shrimp in and a oriental marinade you know is dairy free...
and 10  min  later have dinner.... IF I really don't have time I always have
in the freezer Trader Joes Microwave brown rice and Jasmine rice.... 2
minutes in the microwave and it serves 4..... IHope this helps......

Beth