AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hedi Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:34:53 -0600
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

Happy Holidays! Thought the links in this article make for interesting
reading. Please pass it along.

Many people aren't fully aware of a quiet revolution that's been
going on in the small business world. Minority entrepreneurs have
been creating new businesses in record numbers over the past few
years. Besides fueling the recovery, they're tearing down old
stereotypes. In "The New Color of Money," you can read the
first-person
stories of eight entrepreneurs who are each changing the American
dream in their own ways. It's part of our extensive cover package
on race and business. Let us know what you think of our coverage
- and share your own story - by writing to [log in to unmask]

On another note, there's no better time to support small business
than when you do your holiday shopping. In our special holiday
gift guide, you'll find a quirky collection of unique items made
by small entrepreneurial companies across the country.

THIS WEEK'S FEATURES

MANAGING
The New Color of Money
Minorities are starting businesses in record numbers. Here's why
and what it means.
http://www.fortune.com/fortune/smallbusiness/articles/0,15114,551754,00.html

MARKETING
Racy Business
How we launched a media company by saying the stuff you're not
supposed to say.
http://www.fortune.com/fortune/smallbusiness/articles/0,15114,551992,00.html

FINANCE
Passing the Buck on Health Costs?
A new medical insurance, called consumer-driven coverage, can
save your business money. But is it just health care for the
healthy?
http://www.fortune.com/fortune/smallbusiness/articles/0,15114,554436,00.html

TECHNOLOGY
Come on Feel the Noise
Accentus's software aims to give finance types an earful.
http://www.fortune.com/fortune/smallbusiness/articles/0,15114,554442,00.html

OFF HOURS
Gifts Galore
Unique gifts made by small companies across the country.
http://www.fortune.com/fortune/photoessay/0,18467,551386,00.html