Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 10:14:46 -0600

Hi,
I have gathered from this list that probiotics are recommended,
especially when in the beginning of a gf diet (newly diagnosed, with a
long road ahead to a healed gut).  Hope I'm on target with that
statement.

So off I went yesterday 'in search of'!  I live in a northern suburb of
Minneapolis, Minnesota so the places I have shopped besides the smaller
organic departments of large grocery stores are Fresh and Natural, the
Wedge, and (the latest find thanks to some on this list), Whole Foods
Market.

Whole Foods Market (a very cool place btw!) is where I went to find a
Probiotic to begin using.  Yikes...there is more than one that was gf,
thusly I was in big trouble! <g>  Actually I could be very serious about
this because I really don't know an awful lot.

A very nice customer service rep brought me a list of gf items they
carry in their store.

I was wondering what any of you Whole Foods Market shoppers think of
their 'store' brand items.

Also, while talking to this customer service person, I decided to start
very slowly...simply, with the probiotic.  I am always concerned when
starting something I haven't used before.  At least I think I did!

What I purchased for my use (but haven't opened yet) is:

NOW  (name of product)
8 Billion Acidophilus and Bifidus

Supplement facts: (one capsule)
Lactobacillus acidophilus - 4.0 billion
Bifidobacterium lacits - 3.2 billion
Bifidobacterium longum - 0.8
(contains no milk, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, egg or
preservatives.)

Directions: 1 capsule 1 - 2 times a day between meals with water.

Question -
Any suggestions as to the best product to start with? What all should be
in it and how to begin. I know a little late for that question since I
purchased a product.  However, they would probably let me return this
and try another if need be.  I needed at least one label to be able to
ask questions off of. ;)

I realize that probiotics has been discussed, and I thought I had
absorbed *some* of it pretty well.  But once I got in front of the
display and all of these products were staring at me in the face...I
kind of felt everything draining out of my fogged up brain.

Thank you,
Robin
MN