C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"BG Greer, PhD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:22:03 EST
Subject: Colin Powell quote

 When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by
the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example
 of empire building by George Bush.

 He answered by saying that, "Over the years, the United States has sent
 many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for
 freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked
 for in return is enough to bury those that
 did not return."

 It became very quiet in the room.