From:
Dave Hillebrandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:25:01 -0500
Hi All, I'm sure this has been covered over the years, but for us who may
have missed it, any suggestions for tuning antennas for HF would be
appreciated. Ofcourse, i know the best is to just start with perfectly
resinant antenna for bands to be operated, but if this is not the case how
do you all use an antenna tuner to tune down s.w.r? Recently bought a Ten
Tec Omni 6 which doesn't have option for builtin auto tuner that i had in
Kenwood TS570DG so back to using old MFJ tuner that i have. I do have
somewhere the gadget from handihams which is audible. When this is inline
should I tune all MFJ controls for lowest pitch or should one be peaked and
another dipped? have tried to shoot for lowest pitch in past and found that
when i do the receive is not as strong as tuning for max on some kind of
outboard small broadcast receiver. What is proper way and which way actually
works. Any experiences are appreciated. Antenna is a vertical where most
bands are not far off but all probably need tweeking. Thanks in advance and
please forgive the ramblings. 73 Dave W4CI