From:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 16:01:57 -0500

Thanks everyone.  Millet is definitely gluten free.  Most everyone has had a good response with it.  There were a few who suffered problems, but felt that perhaps another ingredient might be the culprit, like baking soda, etc.

Remember, before CD we probably never ate this grain, nor many of the other different grains that are acceptable.   Wheat was our mainstay.   Now after trying millet, some complain of problems.  Perhaps we are just intolerant of this new grain being introduced into our system.

Another person thoroughly questioned DeLands about cross contamination and this bread is made separately and safely.

Another excerpt:  One of my celiac daughters had a reaction of vomitting with the millet bread the first time she ate it.  The other daughter was fine.  The second time the reacting daughter ate it, she just felt a little "off."  The third time was ok.  She reacted the same way to quinoa when I introduced it into her diet.  I have no idea what is going on, except that perhaps her system is very sensitive, and reacts poorly to new grains, even though they are GF.  Otherwise, she has a cast-iron stomach!

Bev