C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:57:02 -0400
Although I have a Bachelors from Monmouth University and Masters from
Walden University, seeking employment has been a ridiculous struggle due
to having bad speech and Cerebral Palsy. If an employer offered me a job
position regarding on-line teaching, on-line counseling, on-line
research assistant , data entry, web design, proofreading / editing, or
freelance writing, it would be an honor and a privilege. After
graduating from Monmouth University, I have been submitting over two
hundred resumes to Careers On-Line, Disabled Job Resources, USAtoday
Careers, Career-Resumes, Careers From Home, Just One Break, US Job
Board, Disability Career Forum, PsycCareers, Airweb, JAN, Disabled2Work,
Net-Temps, Help-Wanted, Challege 2000, Resume Blaster, Monster,
Telecommuting Jobs, JobDirect, Career Path, Career Mart, America Job
Bank, Career File, JobBank USA, Careers - Wall Street Journal, Hot Jobs,
and Student Central. In addition, I have been snail mailing
approximately two hundred resumes to various places such as Northern
NJ's Services, Johnson & Johnson, New York Times Job Market, New
Horizons, MOCEANS, CAST, March of Dimes, Clerical Plus, Diversified,
NOD, YMCA, Harvard University, Brookdale Community College, Berkeley
University, Ramapo College, NJIT, Stanford University, Yale University,
Middlesex College, Colgate University, Seton Hall University, Lupus,
Edinboro University, Oregon State University, United Way, and NJ's
Resources. So far, I am receiving rejection letters, requests for money
donations, and address labels, which is extremely frustrating!!!  For
example, United Cerebral Palsy of New Jersey was going to interview me
for a web designer position. The gentleman, who should have interviewed
me, rescheduled the interview for a later date. A few days later, he
canceled the interview and promised to reschedule. After one month, he
never contacted me. So, I tried contacting him. He never answered my
phone or email messages.

After endless searching the Asbury Park Press and Star Ledger, I
realized that being a cake decorator was not an appropriate career
choice. Therefore, I decided to find an advocator to assist me in
obtaining a job. I have contacted NJ Psychological Association,
Middlesex County Association of Psychologists, Employment Service Center
Network, Federal Employment of People with Disabilities, Presidential
Task Force On Employment of Adults With Disabilities, Fighting for the
Rights of Employers With Disabilities, Disability Advocacy Resources,
IDEA, NOD, Job & Career Connections, Community Options, Disability
Rights Advocates, Advocate's Office, Consortium for Citizens with
Disabilities, Disabilities Institute, AAPD, SFSU Disability Institute,
ADA, New Jersey's Community Colleges, UCPNJ, APA, Monmouth County Office
of Disabilities, MOCEANS , and plenty more. To my dismay, some
advocators already have wished me good luck while passing the buck to
Uncle Chuck. If any organizations have any complaints about my personal
experiences, they are welcome to contact me and explain how they assist
people with physically disabilities.

SEE http://home.att.net/~ysinger/me.htm FOR MORE!