C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 09:22:27 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

Currently, I earned my Masters in Psychology from Walden University in
2002. Previously, I received my Associates from Brookdale Community
College in 1994 and Bachelors in Psychology from Monmouth University in
1999.

I am requesting for an advocate to help me obtain employment! I am very
interested in on-line teaching at Brookdale Community College or
Middlesex County College. After inquiring about this job position, I
learned that one must teach in the traditional classroom environment
before teaching on-line classes. Since I have bad speech and Cerebral
Palsy, I cannot teach in the traditional classroom environment. However,
I can teach on-line classes due to my writing and computer skills. For
all the tea in China, I do not understand why teaching off-line is a
requirement.

Having an extraordinary background in computer science has given me the
skills to design a personal web page http://home.att.net/~ysinger/.
Actually, I taught myself HTML code, cut & paste Javascript Code, to
permanently place midi files and graphics on a site, FTP, and DOS
commands. During the summer of 1998, I edited web pages for Merck.

My writing skills have made my web site a glowing success. Two of my
essays were published in a Canadian magazine entitled The Ability's
Network, which were the following: YES, I DO EXIST!!! and Seeking a
Post-Secondary Education. In addition,
I had several of my writings published in Brookdale Community College's
as well in
Monmouth University's literary magazines and newspapers.

If you believe that my on-line teaching skills can enhance the students'
learning experience, feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask]

Sincerely,
Yvonne Singer