C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:20:57 -0600
I have to agree, lots of states like my neighbor the state of Minnesota
are having to make cuts in their budgets.  However most times, I feel
the states aren't looking at the whole picture.  We can use alternative
routes like a private school instead of a public school or the
institution instead of a house/apartment, but if you do the math you
would find the cost sky rockets.  Most of us like the "Inclusion Idea"
but I don't feel most realize it's also a money saver besides freedom
for us.  If we were going to put everybody back into institutions again,
we would have additional costs which states don't realize.

Thanks,
Anthony

Visit me at http://www.anthonyarnold.net/