From:
Jacqueline Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jacqueline Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 15:56:52 -0500

Sorry this summary took so long, but I started working last week.  It's
the first time I've been able to work in three years!!!!

Jacqueline Maxwell

                                                  # # #

First of all, thank you for your progressive
efforts on behalf of Celiacs, and your valuable
insights.
I am curious as to why the leaders of the
national celiac groups are allowed to remain when
they are obviously doing their members a
disservice in undermining the good of the
majority by not cooperating with the other groups
to make a unified effort.  Can't they be
identified and dealt with?  Can't they be
overridden or replaced?
Are there proactive goals for any of the groups
concerning legislation or awareness? If not, any
group making that effort is better than no effort
being made, no matter if it comes from a fourth
party or not.
Also, I heard on NPR today, that the Talk of the
Town show is featuring women's immune diseases on
this coming Tuesday's show. I am urging everyone
in my groups to contact the show about Celiac
Disease.=A0

                                                  # # #

It is comforting to know that there are such knowledgable, caring
folks
acting on our behalf. Thanks for all your effort.

                                                 # # #
Does it have to be one voice? Could it be many, providing that the
information that is relayed to others is consistent. I got really
mad at
one group years ago, because I did not fit the profile. They had
nothing about people that are overweight, people of color, people
who
had no digestive symptoms, and children with learning problems and
hyperactivity, who indeed have CD. The picture of people being
underweight and have diarrhea seems to be the only profile that
many
doctors hang on to and refuse to diagnose others that have no
apparent intestinal problems or weight loss.

I am hoping that we can get to the doctors and the press with
consistent, good information, that can be incorporated in medical
literature and in good press for everyone affected by the disease.
I am
also hoping that we can get solid research information from all the
doctors, like Dr. Fine, Dr. Murray and Dr. Fasano, that will keep
our
medical information current and accurate. Keep up the good workWe'll
have to keep on trying.  Thanks for your efforts.