From:
Jerry Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 18:49:18 -0700

Hey this is good! Try it:

Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Spice Islands Salt Free Lemon Herb Seasoning (Safeway usually carries this
in their spice aisle)
Herdez Salsa (Mild) or El Torito Mild Salsa (it’s made by the same company
that makes Herdez)
1 Gallon freezer bag(s)

To prepare take a chicken breast (no frozen, only defrosted) and sprinkle it
with the Spice islands Lemon Herb seasoning. Use a liberal quantity of the
seasoning and coat the chicken breast (not a whole bottle for one breast but
enough to “flour” the breast lightly). Put the seasoned chicken breast in a
freezer bag and pour some of the Herdez salsa over the breast, enough to
cover the breast. Work the chicken in the bag to make sure it is covered
with the salsa without rubbing off too much of the lemon herb seasoning. Zip
the bag and put it in the fridge overnight (it also works if you stick them
in the freezer for a few weeks).

To cook use aluminum foil and pour some olive oil in the center of a large
piece of foil and pour the chicken breast and salsa onto the oil. Wrap the
chicken with the foil leaving a good size air pocket above the chicken and
cook in your oven at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes if frozen, 30 minutes
if from the fridge (keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn). When it is done
eat it!

This is primarily the meat dish portion of a dinner. I figure it is good
with corn, potatoes, onion, garlic, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower,
mushrooms, squash, green beans, rice, etc, etc. Whatever you want to make
with it. If you want to make a fantastic chicken rice pilaf, add diced bell
peppers and onion (always some garlic), and mushrooms to the chicken when
you cook it in the foil, then dice the chicken up and use the juice and
veggies and stir it into fresh rice you make. You will not believe the
flavor. Squeeze a fresh lemon over the top of the rice pilaf bowl and put it
into yet another level of flavor.

Use the Herdez or El Torito salsa as they DO NOT contain vinegar. Vinegar
makes meat toughen up when marinating, do not use cheap salsa!

I can’t describe how the chicken tastes when you do this process. It has a
flavor like, YUM, and it kind of reminds me almost of a chicken or turkey
sausage, yet it is not a sausage because it is a whole chicken breast. The
longer you let the chicken set with the flavorings the more the meat absorbs
the flavors. I let some chicken breasts sit in the freezer for a month like
this and when I cooked them it didn’t matter what part of the chicken I cut
into it had this fantastic flavor. Try it you will like it.

Enjoy

Jerry