VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harvey Boots <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harvey Boots <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 00:45:08 -0500
Following is from the Social Security ENews.

Social Security eNews
Published June 2003
Issue 42

To read our illustrated online version, go to
http://www.socialsecurity.gov/enews/last.htm

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND RECOGNIZE OUR WEBSITE

Our redesigned website has been lauded by the National Federation of the
Blind (NFB), the nation's largest and most influential membership
organization of blind people.  NFB announced Social Security,
Hewlett-Packard and Wells Fargo as the first recipients of its "Nonvisual
Accessibility Web Application Certification."

"We created the certification process so that Internet accessibility
leaders, such as these, could be publicly recognized by the NFB for their
efforts," said Dr. Marc Maurer, President of the NFB.  "We hope that more
companies and organizations will follow the example that these innovators
have set and make web accessibility a priority in their organizations."