VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 01:24:07 +0100
Hi Carol,

I'd better say right out that I'm an adaptive products dealer in the UK.
Whilst that may make me seem biased, I make nothing recommending
products to people outside the UK.

As a first shot, your son may have a point, but with respect, I doubt
it.

Can I perhaps suggest you start by taking a look at BigShot from AI
Squared.  http://www.aisquared.com/ then go to products, where you
should find it.

You can download a fully working version which will run for 30 days, and
which will magnify the screen up to twice normal size.  That may be
enough for you at this time, and so if you go for the full version, it's
a $99 outlay.

However, even cheaper is the Microsoft accessibility option.  It's free
with Windows 98 and above, and accessed via Programs and then Control
Panel, Accessibility Options.

Here you have all manner of options which will provide special color
contrast, large icons and all sorts.  This is where your son could
really help you to find possible options.

All the best,

George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd