From:
Holly Krahe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:33:21 EDT
In a message dated 10/09/2002 9:42:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I don't know if it depends on what your previous diet consisted of, and for
> how long, but it took me several years of eating high fat paleo to bring my
> body temp. back up to normal and to get my free T3 back into the normal
range.
>   I was always cold as a vegetarian, freezing as a sick vegan

What is puzzling is that I've been close to paleo in my diet for several
years now, with increased carb restriction over the last six months or so.  I
have always had an elevated body temperature and have always felt hot, even
when I was vegetarian (more than ten years ago).  This is the first time in
my memory that I've been cold.  I don't think I have made any radical diet
changes that would cause this, but I'm really stumped.  A recent standard
thyroid screen was pronounced normal.

I have recently survived a lot of menopausal hot flash experiences - maybe
this is just a pendulum swing to the other extreme due to hormonal changes?
What I am most concerned about is that I might be screwing up my thyroid or
metabolism by restricting calories too much (although I'm certainly eating
enough, with lots of fat).

Any insights from the group?