VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:50:26 -0400
Eddie. The back up program is designed to back up your system onto a
compatible media source that can gold it. A cd-rw can hold 700 megs
which is far less then your hard drive. The back up program will see
this as an error and will terminate the back up as you have learned. You
can not change this but you can get around it. The best thing to do of
course is to get a second hard drive that is the same size if not bigger
then the HD you have. You can then back up your hard drive on a daily,
weekly, or what ever interval you want basis. To copy your hard rive to
cd-rw you need to copy all the files on your hd manually and not use the
back up feature you have been trying to use. Just keep copying files
until the cd-rw is full then switch out to another cd-rw and continuing
copying until all your hd is copied.

Mick