VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Diane Scalzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Scalzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:32:07 -0400
I know the IRS Alternative Media Center contracted with a company called
Plexus Scientific to create accessible versions of several forms useable
with Adobe Acrobat Reader.  I believe these forms are created from the same
files that the agency makes available to the public, so they look just like
the normal forms.  JAWS reads the fields as you tab through
them.  You can complete the appropriate fields and then print the forms.
They are not perfect, but they are better than nothing.  You
can find samples at the following link
http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/article/0,,id=98135,00.html.

We also have Word and Excel versions of some other forms developed
internally.

Hope this helps.