VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2003 10:48:51 -0700
Hi, Mary and all others on this list.  Mary, I presume you want to remove
these programs from your Programs menu but keep them on your computer
somewhere else (say, on your desktop).  Okay, here are the steps to do this
(assuming you want these programs on your desktop).

1.  Go to your desktop and press enter on "My Computer."
2. Once your screen of drives appears, press the backspace key once.  Your
desktop is now a window reacheable from your taskbar.
3.  Press yourt Start key.
4.  Use your up and down arrows to go to the Programs menu.
5.  At Programs, press your right arrow key once to get a list of the items
on your programs menu.
6.  Use your up and down arrows to select the program you want deleted from
this menu (you can only do one at a time.)
7.  Once the program has been selected, press the Applications key (it is
next to your right control key on the bottom row of your keyboard).  This
will bring up a menu of things you can do with this program.
8.  Using your up and down arrow keys, find the item that reads Cut.
9.  Press the enter key on cut.
10.  Press the left alt and tab keys to return to your desktop.
11. Press your alt key.  Since your desktop is in a separate window, you
will now have menu options options such as file and favorites to view.
12.  Press your right arrow once for the edit menu.
13.  Use your up and down arrows to find the paste option.
14.  Press enter on the paste option.

These steps will remove the program from your Start programs menu and place
it on your desktop.  You can close the desktop window by pressing the alt
and f4 keys together.
Of course, if you want to completely programs from your system, the process
is entirely different.  I hope this helps.  Take care.

Ted Chittenden