VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2003 11:17:57 -0700
Hi, Mary and all others on this list.  Mary, I assume that you are not
looking to delete these programs entirely but only place them elsewhere on
your system.  If this is the case, here are the steps necessary to place a
program file from your start menu on your desktop.

1.  You first need to open your desktop as a window.  To do this, go to your
desktop and press the Enter key on My Computer.  When the list of drives
comes up, press the backspace key once.  You are now back on the desktop,
but it now is in its own window reachable via the taskbar.
2.  Go to your start menu and choose programs.  Using your up and down arrow
keys, choose the program you would first like to move (only one can be done
at a time).
3.  When you have selected the program, press your Applications key (it is
at the bottom of your keyboar, the first key to the left of your right
control key).  This will bring up a menu of things you can do with that
program.
4.  Using the up and down arrow keys, find the Cut option and press enter on
that.
5.  Return to the desktop window by pressing on your left alt and tab keys
at the same time.
6.  Since your desktop is now in a window, press your alt key to have access
to the top menu (File, Favorites, and so on).  From this menu, press the
right arrow key once to find the Edit option and then arrow down until you
reach the Paste option.  Press enter on the Paste option.

You have now moved a program from your Programs menu to your desktop window.
  To close the desktop window, press the right alt and F4 function keys at
the same time.  Repeat this for each program you want to move.
As I said at the outset, these steps are only to move move Programs from the
Start menu to your desktop.  If you are looking to delete these programs
entirely from your system, the steps are
different.  I hope this helps.  Take care.

Ted Chittenden