Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 03:35:19 +0100
 >Lynnet Bannion wrote:
>It's so darned easy to make your own dressing.
Hi all - here is the recipe for my favourite salad - very filling & healthy, contains all the "right" colours (i.e. dark green, purple, red,orange) of veggies reputedly for cancer prevention etc, plus seasalt & seaweed for valuable sea minerals (often not available from land veggies) - great with grilled meat or fish (we get all organic ingredients):
For each person, cover dinner plate with good mixed mesclun greens, then 1/8 purple cabbage grated, then 1/2 to 1 small carrot grated, then 2 Tbsp chopped purple onion, then 1/8 large (or 1/4 small) red capsicum chopped, then 1/4 medium avocado chopped. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar (is this allowed? we love it, hard to give up - but replace with lime/lemon juice if necessary I guess), then plenty of flaxseed oil, then each person can sprinkle theirs with plenty of Herbamare and tear up 2 sheets of nori over it. Fork through to the bottom and mix as you eat! Grill the meat/fish in the meantime, and serve it once half the dinner plate is free. This way, you also get the reputed benefits from starting your meal with raw food! I hope you like it, we love it.