From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 05:24:25 EDT
In a message dated 7/27/02 7:45:07 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>I make my own in either my blender or my mini food chopper. Its to my mind
>the
>same as store bought but fresher. If I want to get really picky  I sieve
>it for
>uniformity.
>Chris

I tried to send this before but for some reason my message was deleted.

There are advantages to the commercial almond flour. Commercial almond flour
is the residual left after much of the oil has been extracted -- so it acts
more like a flour rather than a nut paste. It's actually sort of powdery.
Very useful in baked concoctions, breadings, pancakes, etc. It won't rise
like gluten flour of course, but it will hold a muffin together.
I have found that www.almondsonline.com has pretty good prices. Great quality.

Namaste, Liz
<A HREF="http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html">
http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html</A>