Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:44:20 +0100
 --- Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > On
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:57:23 +0900, Tom
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

> 4.Knowledge how to eat this as a staple. Grinding
> soaking heating.
>   This is basically old paleolithic (australian
> aboriginals can do this)

With respect (and not wishing to add fuel to any
fires!), I'm not sure you can extrapolate from the
fact that Aborigines know how to do this sort of
processing, that these foods were a staple of their
diet - just this morning on TV here in beautiful Oz, a
famous Aboriginal actor from a traditional community
in Arnhem Land, was interviewed with his white friend,
and they were joking about the friend's visit to him
at home in Arnhem Land, and how the friend had to eat
barra, wallaby & snake because (direct quote) "that's
all there was to eat"! I don't think they were
bothering to do much processing of grains! The
Aboriginal actor - who is in his late 40s but looks
much younger - looks very slim, well-muscled fit &
healthy on that diet too, by the way - and he's very
cheerful too!