From:
Ed Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 00:39:08 -0330
Hi Bill.
Congratulations on your winnings.
I bought one of these radios just before Christmas.
I don't have mine put on the air yet so I really can't speak to how
blind-friendly it will be however it does have some beeprs which can be
enabled like beepers for band-edges etc which will help.
Unfortunately, they are disabled by default.
I have the manual here in both text and pdf format.
I got it from the FCC's web site.
If you want both versions, only text, only the pdf, or whatever feel free
to write to me, find me on http://www.for-the-people.com, or on msn messenger.
The radio is also adms-2f programmable if you wanted to invest in the
software and cable for it.
I have it here and generally it is decently speech friendly though a couple
of the tabs uner "common settings" aren't read properly by jfw.
Also, there is an user group for the radio which you might find helpful
hosted on yahoogroups, simply search for ft1500 which is the name of the
group or go to:
Good luck and hth.
73
Ed