From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:36:18 -0500
On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 00:13:44 +1000, Phosphor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Profs/Datasheet/r/Roavittab.htm
>
>since paleo man ate liver, of many and varied species, we should consider
>why. the question is, what is the optimum amount of vitamin A, not the
>death-camp amount.

Fine that you know all so well.
How can be? Can you recall from your past lifes as a sabbertooth tiger?

You even found an advertisement that encourages you.

If you know all so well, why do you ask then?
I'm not your online enducation system.

If you have something to claim, claim it.

>a man will not die even at 1,000,000 IU, and 100,000 IU
>is the minimum over a prolonge dperiod to cause some symptoms, which are
>relieved quickly on cessation of intake.  50,000 IU seems a better amount
>for RDA than 5,000. unless you wish to be a walking ghost.

So you whish to be a ghost who is walking no more.

It always seems you have your own fixed imagination how things are -for you-
 and you don't want to give up a millimeter of this. As soon as it looks
unfortunate for you, you change the topic to something new.
This - will prevent you from learning.

And it can make you lonely. Someday even your attacks will not manage to
give you the attention you want.

And it could kill you.
You are in danger just because you are choosing to ignore data not matching
your opinion.

So this is just for the *others*
that they don't follow your "recommendations":
Please care to look at http://books.nap.edu/books/030903728X/html/5.html
"Acute single dose toxicity has been well documented in humans...
Reaction may include general malaise, anorexia, nausea, hyperirritability,
peeling skin, muskular weakness, twitching, convulsions, paralysis and
death.
Chronic toxicity typically results from intakes 100 to 1,000 times
nutritional requirements for a prolonged period but has been observed at
intakes of approximately 10 times the specific requirement.
..signs are skeletal malfunction, spontaneous fractures, and internal
hemorrhage."

Too much vitamin A may be connected to an increase of hip fractures.
Read "Dietary Retinol-A Double-edged Sword"
at http://jama.ama-assn.org/issues/v287n1/fpdf/jed10084.pdf

1,000,000 IU are 250 times the RDA.

Amadeus S.