C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:00:46 -0400
Project Manager.  It just formalizes what I've been doing for a couple
months now.  The main task I'm working on now is designing a Disaster
Recovery Plan for the county government.  It's very interesting
stuff--nothing at all like what I've done before.  I get to work with FEMA,
the National Guard, the new "Homeland Security" agency and other
organizations of that ilk.

Here's some irony for you:  I start taking a series of classes on "Emergency
Response Planning", starting on Wednesday, September 11.  Is that spooky, or
what?

The other thing that's going to be fun is that the U.S. Marines 2nd
Expoditionary Force will be returning from Afghanistan this fall.  When they
get back, they're coming to Ohio to take part in a training scenario that
simulates an attack on a U.S. mainland city.  It's going to be held in
Dayton, Ohio, and I get to be part of the "Emergency Response Team", making
sure that the local infrastructure stays intact.  We've been told to expect
about three days without sleep.  That doesn't sound like much fun, but the
other stuff sounds exciting!  The whole thing is supposed to be as realistic
as possible.  There should be something about it on the national news pretty
soon.  If I hear something, I'll post it to the list.

-Kyle