C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 10:52:44 -0400
I don't see what the difference is - one should voluntarily pay for one kids
- you do for the ones that live with - infact if you consider how much the
cost per month - child support usually looks piddly next it - I get $250 a
month Amber, and put out at least $700. I get nothing for Alex and put out
the same amount.  I arrive at this by dividing the house, utilities and food
by three - then adding individual costs. Imagine the mess I would be in if I
didn't work 3 jobs. And this says nothing about the time spent running them
around and vacations etc. Why does it matter that the state set limit? If
you checked out the number kids who never get child support like Alex,
perhaps you would understand the necessity for state set limits. The sad
truth is many people value money over people. Hate your ex-wife by all means
but don't begrudge you child your support - finanacially or emotionally. It
is not the child fault.

                                  Trisha