NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cindy Mejia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:30:11 -0400
I didn't know that the nuggets had whey! I give my daughter the nuggets
instead of the hamburger, as I don't trust bread of any kind outside the
house.  She never seems to show signs of reaction to the nuggets and she is
very sensitive.  I have never asked for ingredients lists when at fast food
places, do they have those on hand?
I understand the frustration and guilt dealing with all of this. It is also
very hard to police everything she eats, especially in public, people always
want to give her something. I always have to try to explain the allergy and
that yes even Tootsie Rolls have whey in them!
I have found that avoiding the allergy is far better for my stress level and
guilt feelings, so the effort to police everything is well worth the effort.
This email discussion group is great as well, I learn something new all the
time.
Thanks to you all.
Cindy and Isabel.
>From: Lori Boldt <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Hello! New here!
>Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 19:22:24 -0500

(why does McDonald's put whey in their chicken nuggets?).  It is