From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 04:20:44 +0000
>Christy,
>Chinese medicine can help. Herbal formulas geared to reducing swelling,
>mobilizing blood flow, and stopping pain are incredibly effective. Some are
>taken internally, while some are applied locally either as a liquid or
>plaster.>

And I would recommend a patent formula called Yunnan Baiyao, which should
be available at any Chinese pharmacy/herbalist/grocery. It is a wonderfully
effective anti-inflammatory, blood mover, and healing agent. It is in
capsules most frequently. If you get a pack which also includes a tiny red
pill, don't take it, although you might want to save it. This is a "shock
pill" given to stimulate the system when a victim is fainting or close to
death.

Also consider Arnica Montana, an herb available in tincture, capsules, or
homeopathic tablets. It is also an anti-inflammatory and speeds healing
dramatically.

Do not be afraid to put pressure on the swollen parts of the joint. You can
gently but steadily push on the tissues and move "stuck" fluids out into
circulation. Clean out the joint in this manner whenever you have the time,
and it will heal much faster. This is why a pressure wrap of some sort is
beneficial, besides the protective function.

Good luck, and have a good time!

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!