From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:38:43 +0000
>Hello,
>
>I bought a veal heart at the grocery store the other day. I had been wanting
>to eat more organ meats for quite a while.
>Can anyone tell me a little about the quality of a commercial veal heart?
>I realize that organic is always best, but I haven't gotten around to buying
>any organic organs online yet.
>
>Thank you for any input.
>
>Joseph R.

Well, one thing to consider is that veal is probably butchered so young it
has not eaten grain. The flip side is that it is fed on milk from grain-fed
cows. As you probably know, there is terrific controversy on veal
production, and it's possible to imagine very stressed animals fed a lot of
antibiotics. I, too, would appreciate more input on this topic.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!