Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:22:53 -0500

C'mon, listmembers!  Isn't there *anyone* who has found out about Spike?
This is such a common seasoning for the natural foods crowd, I thought
for sure that I'd have lots of responses.  I have received one, from a
member who said that the HVP is the offending ingredient, but he or she
didn't give me any way to confirm this.  The company does not have a web
site, nor does it list a phone number on its packaging.

The reason I am so set on finding out is that I have made this
ratatouille-like dish for about 15 years, and I can't imagine it without
Spike!

Okay, this is the last time I'll bring it up, but if you have any
knowledge of the gluten in Spike, and if possible, a way to confirm it,
please let me know as soon as you can.

Juliane in Houston