From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 19:24:16 -0500

Digestive Disease National Coalition
Public Policy Forum

Questions about Advocacy with DDNC and the Public Policy Forum, March 3
& 4, 2002.

Q: What does the DDNC do?

A: DDNC is a group for professional and patient organizations that come
together for the purposes of:

1.  Informing the public and health care community about digestive diseases
and nutrition including research, health care and education programs, costs
and social implications, as well as services available to those suffering
from these diseases.

2.  To participate with the National Digestive Diseases Education and
Information clearinghouse, other government agencies and the private sector
in the National Digestive Disease Education Program.

3.  To heighten the awareness and knowledge of federal and state legislators
and administrators about digestive diseases and nutrition.

4. To represent the interests of member organizations regarding federal
and state legislation and programs that effect research, health care,
training and education in digestive disease and nutrition.

Q: Who is a part of DDNC?

A: Member organizations include such groups as the American Liver
Assoc., Colorectal Cancer Network, and the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
of America. Gluten Intolerance Group has been a member of DDNC for many
years. A few years ago the Celiac Disease Foundation also joined the
Board. Last year CSA and American Celiac Society also joined - so now
all the national celiac patient support groups are represented.

Q: What has the DDNC done recently?