From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 23:29:47 -0500
What OS do you have?  You need to boot into safe mode, go into device manager, and remove all instances of your modem. Get the latest drivers for it before you do that.  On restart Windows will find it and ask for the drivers.  You shouldn't have a conflict after you install it without having more than one instance of it.  The mfc42.dll is on your Windows CD, and can be retrieved using system file checker in Win 98 and later.

after doing some recovery work on my computer I am now getting the following message on startup.

--

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml