From:
Richard Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 11:09:45 -0500

I, like others, have heard that we should avoid charcoal briquets because
of possible gluten binders. I used hardwood charcoal at home before dx
anyway, but this is rarely true at cookouts and such.

Does anybody out there have any proof whether this is true or not? And if
briquets do have gluten, does the high heat destroy it?

Please, please folks -- I'm looking for some answers with documentation to
back it up. We've all HEARD this is a problem but that doesn't really help.
I've HEARD many things about celiac that were not true. Can you point me to
written material? Have you called charcoal briquet companies and gotten
info one way or another?

Many thanks for your help. I will summarize.

Cheers
Richard