From:
Richard Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:18:50 -0500

I don't mean this to be a "me, too" message or to criticize anybody in
particular, but I think Ann makes a good point here. CD does not cause
everything bad that can happen to us. Even common gluten consumption
symptoms, such nausea and diarrhea, can be a sign that something else is
wrong. It doesn't seem to happen so much on this forum, but my wife, who is
an RN, has looked at messages in other celiac venues and said "Holy cow (she
didn't actually use this word but I guess this is a family list)! That person
needs to quit worrying about whether he's eaten a few crumbs of gluten and
instead get to a doctor."

Cheers
Richard