NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:22:59 EST
First I'd like to thank everyone who posts on this list.  Although I rarely
post, I have been a member for several years and have learned a lot from all
of you.

Now for my concern:

My son, age 5, was "home-diagnosed" with a milk allergy at 6mo.  He has never
been tested and has never ingested any significant amount of dairy.  He had
skin problems (rash, excema) from dairy through breastmilk, and milk applied
to his skin causes hives.  Sometimes when he eats trace amounts of dairy in
baked goods he gets a welt or two on his cheek.  So far, because he hasn't
been exposed much, these are the only symptoms we've seen.

Over the past 6mo, on 4 or 5 seperate occasions he has woken in the middle of
the night complaining of tummy ache, he then vomits once or twice and in the
morning he feels fine.  A couple times we found hidden dairy in food he had
eaten; other times we could not be sure if he had been exposed.  It seems
like if it was dairy, he would be sick soon after eating it.  He was possibly
exposed at noon Saturday and he got sick 1:30am Monday (37 hours later).

Now for my question (thanks for hangin in there):

Have any of you experience similiar symptoms (vomiting) that have not shown
up until 12-36 hours after ingestion?

Thank you,

jen