NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 13:01:45 EDT
I have been a member of this list for over a year.  Thank you for all the
shared information, I have learned so much.

My son is 3 1/2 and gets hives when touched with milk.  He can "tolerate" low
amounts of milk product in baked goods, but this does seem to create eczema.
I have never had him tested for allergies, we have just avoided dairy.  Now
that he is going to preschool I would like to have him tested just to have
some "medical data" to back me up.  I am aware that allergy tests are not a
cut and dry answer, but I am hoping you could share some pointers with me on
how to pick the best allergist (the ones I've phoned seem to know less than I
do!) and what would be the best tests.

Thank you

jen