From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 09:54:57 +0900
> It can take up to a month on paleo to clear your system of SAD.

I have to agree with this. I felt better very quickly, 3 days or so,
but other improvements have continued. It took 6 months for my aching
knees to feel better. Migraines hit less and less frequently, over the
course of 10 months.

> It gets worse.  If you have an overgrowth of candida albicans it can take up to 3 months on paleo and low carb and anticandida and supplements to clear your system well enough to get a starting point for an accurate self diagnosis of intolerance foods.

I agree here too. I figure it took me 6 months for the candida to
clear out. Before then, any return to sugar brought a return of gas
and bad digestion. I can handle a lot more sugar now, as long as it
doesn't go on too long.

I suggest (I am not a pro by any means!) trying straight paleo for a
while before trying other things like elimination. How can you know
what is having which effect if you are changing more than one thing at
a time? Eliminate the big ones, the non-paleo, let your body adjust to
this for a while, then go on to finer steps. The big ones seem to be:

Wheat, and secondarily other grains,

Sugar, and all sugary foods, (even fruits at first, if you have
candida symptoms, gas, constipation or other digestive troubles,
migraine, exhaustion at odd times, etc.)

Junk foods, any food so processed that you can't see what it was made
from, any food with a list of ingredients as long as your arm, any
food with "hydrogenated" in the list of ingredients. This includes
so-called "organic" breakfast cereals, chips, etc.

For me those are the things I avoid all the time. Below are things I
eat pretty often even if they are problamatical for other people.

Milk products, unless you have symptoms of intolerance.

Tea/ coffee/ chocolate, caffeine from any source.

Sweet veggies and fruits, carrots, beets, bananas, grapes and such
like. (I avoided these for months at first when I was getting rid of
the candida. Whenever the gas comes back, I avoid them for a few days
again as a precaution. I am fairly low carb most of the time.)

Peanuts and sometimes other beans. Peanuts because they are in the
mixed nuts I buy, the kids don't like them, and I hate to see them go
to waste. I have not noticed any trouble with them.

Like I said, change only one thing at a time. Go paleo for a while,
then add in some exercise after your body starts to feel better, step
by step. Just my two cents, not meaning to lecture or preach. Good luck.