From:
Wendy Hubbard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 20:34:47 -0500
I think I haven't made myself very clear.  I wrote:

"I wanted to do this first to make sure I knew which PALEO foods I could eat."

I never had any intention of re-introducing non-paleo foods such as wheat
or corn or peanuts, so I'm hoping I won't be going through cycles of misery
during reintroduction of some foods.  The whole reason I subscribe to this
list is because I believe in the power of the paleodiet.

BUT it seems like everyone has one or two foods that don't agree with them,
even though they are paleo.  I was more worried about things like onion or
tomatoes that I might be sensitive to.  I want to know if there was anyone
out there who had to do an elimination type diet because of problems with
PALEO foods.

I just wanted to kill two birds with one stone while I had a month off AND
I didn't want ANYTHING to get in the way of me getting healthy, as quickly
as possible.      I know you some of you think I'm being unnecessarily
redundant, but I absolutely HATE anything getting in my way when I try to
accomplish something, so I usually try to eliminate any barriers to success
that I can foresee.  After reading so much about food sensitivities causing
so many problems, I just thought that it would be a good idea to clear my
system and begin my paleodiet with as much caution as possible so I could
eliminate any foods to which I was sensitive right away.

Sorry if I made you guys think I was trying to reintroduce non-paleo
stuff.  If I wasn't planning to do it paleo style, then that would make my
post off topic :o)

And thanks for all the info.