CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Griffin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:47:44 EST
Sorry, I know I am chiming in late on this, but I just cleaned out my inbox
and wanted to make this response:

Israel is a secular state. It is the extreme Zionists who want us to believe
that Israel is somehow implicitly "Jewish" in the sense of religion. Perhaps
it is somewhat ethnically Jewish, but that is an important distinction. But
the extreme Zionists actually go against Jewish scripture in supporting the
Israeli state as Jewish in a religious sense.

-- David