From:
Chase Delaney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:11:27 EST

I am a celiac who can eat white rice with absolutely no adverse reactions,
however, brown rice causes symptoms in me similar to a gluten ingestion.  I
have always wondered why that is.  I know from postings on this list that
there are many celiacs who eat brown rice without problems.  I know that,
nutritionally, brown rice is superior to white rice, but I, unfortunately,
cannot tolerate it for some reason.  Perhaps the hull, or bran, component of
brown rice is too tough on my friends, "the villis."
Is anyone else out there like me, in this regard?  Ideas, suggestions are
welcome.
Thank you.

Chase
New Hampshire,USA