From:
sandybill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:39:12 -0800

That's a handy list. Thanks, Laura. I might mention that it should be noted
that at least the last four categories ("Possible associations,"
"Complications," "Common features," and "Less common features") are not
automatic. We do have control over most of them if the diet is followed. Of
course if you're short because you were not diagnosed at an early enough
age, there isn't much you can do about that one, or a few of the others
that are permanent because of previous malnutrition. But we know that most
of them are quite controllable. So IMO it might be more accurate to think
of the first group as "associations" but the other four groups as symptoms
brought on by lack of proper diet. -vance