From:
Stefanie Horsfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:33:34 EST

I just had repeat blood work completed (I am 9-months post-CD diagnosis and initiation of the GF diet) and I am wondering if some of you might be able to help me interpret my results.
On the celiac panel, my antigliadin Abs IgA and IgG were both negative (less than 20).  My t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA was also negative, as was my Reticulin IgA AB.  However, my Reticulin IgG AB was high, although not by much (less than 20 is negative, mine was 22).  What does this mean?  There is a paragraph below this result that says "IgG class reticulin antibodies are not specific for celiac disease and occur in 20% of patients with active disease.  R-1 Staining Patterns is the only pattern with clinical associations; only R-1 patterns are reported."
Any help with interpretation would be greatly appreciated.  My doctor was not concerned in the least that my reticulin IgG was high, but its a little concerning to me.
Thank you!

Stefanie
(Virginia, USA)