From:
pook la roux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 16:07:42 -0700
> but Elson Haas, in his book 'The False Fat Diet'
> talks about determining your food sensitivites. >He
> says that much of what we crave is what we are most
> sensitive to. Quite the opposite of what we crave
>is
> what we need most.

I have two distinct types of crave pangs. One is the
"gotta have it now, have it now, have it NOW NOW NOW"
pang, which I think is the sensitivity pang (So I
usually must NOT have it Now, NOT have it now, Not Not
Not.) It usually strikes when I see or smell the food,
and is associated with breads, sweet scents, and
especially aromatic meat scents (like the absolutely
unfair smell that wafts out from the Mongolian
Barbecue Restaurant)

The other type of pang is the persistant "Would be
very nice to have some X" pang, and that usually
arises spontaneously, and hangs around for days, and
will go away as soon as I have some of what ever it is
-- most notably I get these cravings for things like
spinach, coconut, citrus fruit, fruit in general.  So
I tend to think that the second type of crave pang is
something different.

And when I say crave pang, I mean something different
from hunger. I don't think I ever expereinced real
hunger until I went paleo.